Wednesday 29 February 2012

My "Field of Flowers" Quilt

After devouring the book "The Gentle Art of Quilt Making" by Jane Brocket, The Gentle Art of Quilt Making I just knew I had to attempt her "Field of Tulips" quilt.

Deciding to skip the obvious places for fabric purchases, I discovered an amazing website in the US called equilter.com, http://www.equilter.com/. The choices are limitless and they have a wonderful design board that allows you to view all your choices in any format you like. I played around with it for a few days before finally settling on some designer fabrics from Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler, and some beautiful prints by Heather Bailey.

So far I've completed the top (I'm not adding a border) which consists of different widths of fabrics from selvedge to selvedge sewn together into two columns.
My gorgeous "Field of Flowers" quilt top.

My next step is to chose a beautiful backing fabric. So far I've seen a gorgeous watermelon cotton with small white polkadots and I'm thinking about a yellow binding.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm definitely going to be hand quilting this one as I think it will forever be one of my most special quilts!

Mel.

3 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Mandy! I can't wait to finish it, although I'm going to enjoy the hours on the couch whilst hand-quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:17 pm

    Melissa you are truly inspiring. Raising a beautiful boy and learning new things. I hope you know how much I love you.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete